Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Our Summer Bucket List

A Summer Bucket List is a list of things that children and/or adults hope to accomplish over the summer.  I stumbled upon this idea on the internet, and introduced it to my class.  They loved every part of it!  I started out with a mini-lesson explaining what a summer bucket list was, and they were immediately shouting out ideas.  I recorded their ideas on chart paper as well as recorded some of my own.



Then the children created a summer bucket list of their own.  These lists became a rough draft, which the children later transferred to their final draft on a template of a sand pail.  

We are going to hang these up in our room for our end of the year celebration with the children's families.  Then, I plan to add them to the summer learning gift that I plan to send home with the children on one of the last days of school.  Stay posted for more information of my summer learning gift.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a cute end of the year activity! Our writing notebooks went home today, so that just might be the perfect shared writing idea for our last day.

    ReplyDelete