Monday, June 23, 2014

A Few Final Thoughts

The last six weeks have flown by. I have learned about so many different forms of valuable technology to use in my classroom that will enhance learning and engagement amongst my students. I have had the opportunity to explore and play with some applications such as Animoto, Storybird, VoiceThread, Google Docs, Blogger, and many more. Everyday, I learn about more applications and I can't wait to explore all of them. This course, EDUC 584: Integrating Technology and Literacy, has truly captured endless opportunities for teachers to integrate technology into any age classroom. Thank you Judy Artz! When I first entered the blogging world, I had no clue what I would write about.  I began with "One Small Step," and took a giant leap into blogging.  Now I have a million ideas, and I am excited to create a blog for my classroom next year.  My digital footprint below represents my giant leap into new technological experiences as well as the trace of digital information I have left behind me during my adventures in EDUC 584.  I created this footprint shaped word cloud using Tagxedo, which was very easy to use, to capture all the things I explored. 

My Digital Footprint
I look at this experience as just the beginning because there is so much more left to explore.  Judy Artz opened the door to numerous amounts of technology that I have barely gotten my feet wet with, and I plan on exploring these tools over the summer and implementing them in my classroom next year.  If you are new to the world of technology in the classroom check out Kathy Cassidy's webpage and book, Connected from the Start:  Global Learning in the Primary Grades, as well as Judy Artz's blog.  They have helped me along my journey, and I am confident they will help inspire you too!



Take this survey to share about your technological experiences!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you started and ended your blog with the footprint. I agree, we have been exposed to so many new technologies in such a short amount of time. Who would have thought that after 6 weeks we could blog, embed the things we're working on and have used so many different tools?

    ReplyDelete