Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Blogging Challenge

A few weeks ago I was new to the blogging world.  It now doesn't seem quite as foreign, and I am hoping to incorporate a classroom blog next year.  I see the added value of using it to create a digital footprint of what is going on in the classroom.  Everyone is so connected nowadays that I can see my parent's getting into it.  I recently shared three Animoto videos that I created with the families of my student's.  The appreciation and response was overwhelming rewarding.  I even received an email from an aunt of one of my student's that lives in Florida because the videos were shared with her.  It was such a powerful reminder of how technology can build on our student's learning experience in the classroom.  Now I just need to find out the best way to keep my student's digital footprint protected in order to make the experience the most valuable for my classroom community.

My ideas for blogging are endless.  However, one of my biggest challenge of blogging is timing.  Blogging more than once a week is definitely challenging in the life of a mother, student, teacher, and the many other hats I wear throughout the week.  I have managed to blog at least twice and sometimes three times a week, but it is not always the easiest.  I am an advocate of play, conversations, personal interactions, and not being "plugged in" as we say in my house.  So trying to be the best role model I can, I save blogging for late nights and interactions with my children for the daytime and evening.  I am hoping to find a happy medium as I move on with this blogging experience.  What is your biggest challenge of the blogging experience?

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I agree that it is also timing when it comes to blogging. I have great ideas that pop in my head throughout the day but then when its time for me to sit down and blog I get writer's block. I think its great you are an example to your children and advocate playing and interacting with them. They will allows remember those times together. I think its just one of those things that eventually there will be a solution. I wish I had one for you. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete